Downloads to Start with:
2. MySQL Workbench
Steps to Get Environment Set Up:
1. Extract Yii Framework folder to a directory in xampp, create a new folder called library.
2. There is a folder in the yii directory called requirements, take that copy and paste into /xampp/htdocs
3. open: http://localhost/requirements
4. If Most of the blocks are green you are good, if not google and change php.ini , my.ini, httpd.conf or anything else accordingly.
5. Add PHP. MySQL, httpd and Yii to your environment variables.
6. That's go to MyComputer, Right Click My Computer click properties then select advanced system settings on the left, click environment variables, then scroll down to path and click edit....add the following (it will depend on where you installed and your OS)
7. Test That mysql, php and httpd are working...Open CMD...type php -v....type mysql -u root -p....type httpd -v
Using Yiic and Commandline to Rapidly Create the blueprint for your Project
1. Open CMD as Administrator
2. Naviage to htdocs....cd xampp/htdocs
3. Type the following:
php yiic webapp [Your Project Name] php yiic webapp [Your Project Name] git if this doesn't work for you, like it didn't work for me use: yiic.bat webapp [Your Project Name]